While here in Costa Rica, I have thought about the concept that it's difficult to have one foot here and one foot back home. More or less, this means that it's hard to be fully here if there is a ton of time spent on the computer doing things like e-mail, facebook, phone calls, etc. By trying to see what's going on back home, it's harder to pick up with things here. I find that it would be hard to completely cut everything off from back home, but I can agree that I probably spend too much time on the computer. Since I am only taking one traditional class (the other one is service learning), I have computer time to do as a please while others are still in class. I don't necessarily call home, but e-mails are my way to communicate with my fam, friends, & bf, so it's something at this point I'm not really willing to give up.
Originally, I thought that not being able to text would force my fingers to have convulsions from lack of attention, but that is not the case. My 3000 messages from this month have translated into fb chats, e-mails, and postcards. And I'm ok with that.
I think I tend to plop down in front of the comp in the hopes of getting work done, but end up doing everything else under the sun...well clouds except for that. This is a classic example of what happens at home too, and it's not as if we are given a ton of free time to do our own thing; here's always something on the agenda for the day. But with this last week approaching, it's time to do what every good college student does and finish all of my work that's due next week Wednesday. lol
No comments:
Post a Comment