Monday, July 5, 2010

El Toucan y Yo



Behind our first pit stop here, there was an animal holding area and we got the opportunity to allow this little fella to perch on our arms courtesy of our bus driver Johnny. All though it's beak did bring visions of me getting my eyes pecked out, I decided to give it a chance because when else am I going to be able to hang out with a toucan? The Costa Ricans say 'Pura Vida' to describe many different situations and this one is applicable to that. The phrase means pure life, but mainly no worries, all is well. It's sort of a hakuna matata type vibe. For example, when I thought I lost my camera, had all the kitchen staff, security guard and a couple others help me look for it only to find that it was actually in a compartment in my bookbag, the guard says to me, "Pura vida, esta bien." I still felt like a doofus...

2 comments:

  1. LOL! love the camera moment. that's so something i would do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have also lost a water bottle. By "lost" I mean, I left it at a store in a town called Santa Elena. And then I have misplaced multiple times the next water bottle I have.

    ReplyDelete